Delcam’s ArtCAM enables coin manufacturers to simulate their machining toolpaths prior to manufacture to ensure that they are entirely happy with the look of the machined coin die. This allows the engraver to ascertain whether they have chosen the correct tool geometry and machine settings for their coin design preventing expensive machining errors and high production costs.
To aid this process, ArtCAM allows minting companies to:
- See a simulation of the design being machined at various speeds.
- Simulate all, one or part of a specific toolpath(s).
- Preview the simulation in either a 2D or 3D view.
- Visualise the machined piece in a variety of materials.
- Choose the simulation quality by specifying its resolution.
ArtCAM can also provide with a set of notes containing calculated machining times based on the toolpath settings provided.